One size doesn't fit all.
A full spectrum of retirement plan solutions
Companies come in all shapes and sizes. We can help you meet your clients' needs with 401(k), 403(b), 457, defined benefit, employee stock ownership, nonqualified, and profit-sharing plans, among others.
Work with us in the way that works for you. Based on your needs, we can help you determine which approach is best. We'll be there to answer questions and provide guidance and support.
Plans and Accounts
$10 million +
Schwab Retirement Plan Services (RPS)
Our comprehensive retirement plans are integrated offerings that ensure your clients and their participants are equipped for success.
To do this, we focus on four key areas:
- Investment cost
- Investment approach
- Financial wellness
These areas can be addressed and optimized on an individual basis according to your clients' needs and wants. This allows you to create meaningful plans for your clients and help facilitate better outcomes.
$1 million and below
Company Retirement Account (CRA)
For those client businesses with an established retirement plan, a Schwab CRA holds your plan's assets, gives you expanded investment options, and lets your clients access Schwab's retirement planning tools, research, and resources.
Any size plan
Retirement Business Services (RBS)
This solution is ideal for clients who want to pair with independent plan providers of their choice, supported by the services of a trusted custodian. Working together, you get an ideal combination of expertise and support from an independent recordkeeper, an independent investment advisor, and Schwab.1
With Schwab's commitment to open architecture, independent plan providers have access to a wide array of investments that give them flexibility and choice when building a retirement plan.
You can choose from mutual funds from Schwab and collective trust funds from Charles Schwab Trust Bank as well as choices from other fund providers, and you can leverage our portfolio management resources. You can also trade a unitized fund containing company stock, customized portfolios of multiple mutual funds, or actively managed accounts just as easily as you would trade a mutual fund.
More investment options
Schwab Bank Savings2
Plan sponsors and advisors often evaluate capital preservation investments as an important part of a diversified investment strategy. In addition to money market fund and stable value fund options, Charles Schwab Trust Bank offers Schwab Bank Savings, a money market deposit account designed for retirement plans, which offers FDIC coverage to participants up to the maximum insurable limit.3
Exchange-traded funds for retirement plans (ETF T+1)4
ETF T+1 is a trading service from Charles Schwab Trust Bank that allows you to select ETFs as part of a retirement plan's core fund lineup, and trade and settle ETFs in the same time frame as mutual funds.
Trust and custody services
Because we work extensively with advisors and recordkeepers in local, regional, and national markets, we understand what you need from a custodian. Schwab provides you with integrated trust, custody, and directed trustee services from Charles Schwab Trust Bank, so you can choose the right options for your business. With Charles Trust Schwab Bank, you can feel confident knowing account assets are protected by a wide-ranging combination of safeguards.
$1 million +
Bring a separately managed account approach to pooled retirement plans with Schwab Retirement Advisor Portfolio. Schwab Retirement Advisor Portfolio, available through Charles Schwab Trust Bank, includes a mix of eligible stocks, bonds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and other investments, and enables you to customize the investment choices in the retirement plans you manage.
Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Account® (PCRA)5
With a self-directed brokerage account, sophisticated investors can actively manage their own investments, beyond their plan's core mutual funds. PCRA gives your clients access to thousands of additional investment choices; one of the largest selections of no-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds6 available; and commission-free7 Schwab Exchange-Traded Funds™ in a self-directed brokerage account offering. It's a great option for clients using one of the Comprehensive Plan Services or Pair with Independent Plan Providers solutions.
Talk to us about your retirement plan business needs.
Investors should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
1. Independent recordkeepers and investment advisors are not owned by, affiliated with, or supervised by Schwab.
2. Schwab Bank Savings is a money market deposit account (MMDA) at Charles Schwab Trust Bank ("Schwab Trust Bank").
3. A money market deposit account (MMDA) is a type of savings deposit. Funds deposited in the MMDA at Charles Schwab Trust Bank are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) up to $250,000 when aggregated with all other deposits held by a Plan Participant in the same capacity at Trust Bank. Participants are responsible for monitoring the total amount of deposits that they hold with Trust Bank, in order to determine the extent of deposit insurance coverage available to them on their deposits, including the MMDA.
Unlike money market deposit accounts, money market funds are neither insured nor guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the fund.
4. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from third-party ETF companies participating in Schwab ETF OneSource for recordkeeping, shareholder services, and other administrative services, including program development and maintenance.
Exchange-traded funds are subject to risks similar to those of stocks. Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Diversification does not eliminate the risk of market loss.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Schwab. The information contained herein does not constitute an endorsement, investment recommendation, solicitation to buy, or investment advice by Schwab. Schwab has no discretionary authority, responsibility, or control with respect to such matters. Schwab is not an investment advisor or fiduciary to your employer's retirement plan, does not recommend any particular mutual fund or collective trust fund or category of mutual funds or collective trust funds, is not responsible for your choice of mutual funds and collective investment funds, and may receive remuneration for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab does not guarantee the suitability or potential value of any particular investment or information source.
5. Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Account® (PCRA) is offered through Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., a registered broker-dealer that also provides other brokerage and custody services to its customers.
6. Trades in no-load mutual funds available through Schwab Mutual Fund OneSource® (including Schwab Funds®), as well as certain other funds, are available without transaction fees when placed through Schwab.com or our automated phone channels. Schwab reserves the right to change the funds we make available without transaction fees and to reinstate fees on any funds. Funds are also subject to management fees and expenses.
Schwab's short-term redemption fee will be charged on redemption of funds (except certain Schwab Funds) bought through Schwab's Mutual Fund OneSource program (and certain other funds) with no transaction fee and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to exempt certain funds from this fee, including Schwab Funds, which may charge a separate redemption fee, and funds that accommodate short-term trading.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction-fee-fund companies for certain administrative services.
7. Conditions apply: Schwab ETFs™ are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange-processing fee applies to sell transactions. Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Retirement Plan Accounts for additional information.