Grow your retirement plan business with an industry leader.
Success doesn't just happen.
Success doesn't just happen. It takes the right combination of experience, knowledge, plan solutions, and support. We've been helping advisors build their businesses for over 25 years and continue to do so with:
With Schwab, you are never on your own. Whether you have been advising clients on retirement plans for years or are new to the space, we're here—and ready to support you each step of the way. Like an extension of your own staff, our dedicated professionals are committed to helping you succeed and have the experience necessary to make a difference.
As a client, you can take advantage of our comprehensive resources, including investment and monitoring tools, professional education, industry designations, and retirement-focused events. Here are a few examples:
- Premier client events, such as IMPACT® and Schwab's National Retirement Summit
- Tools like the fi360 Toolkit,1 PensionPlanet, and the mutual fund search tool
- Direct, discounted access to the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training necessary for the designation
We offer a full spectrum of plan solutions for a wide array of plan sizes and types. To help you meet a broad range of client needs, we support many types of employee benefit plans, including defined benefit, defined contribution, nonqualified plans, and more.
- Independent retirement plan providers2 paired with Schwab
- Schwab's comprehensive 401(k) plan services
- Small business retirement accounts
- Schwab Retirement Advisor Portfolio
Schwab has decades of experience and is an established leader in the retirement plan industry. Scroll through our historical timeline to see what makes us different.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. founded.
Introduced the first custodial service for independent investment advisors.
Established a supermarket of no-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds.
Launched Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Account® (PCRA).
Acquired The Hampton Company, founded and led by Walt Bettinger.
Walt Bettinger named Chief Executive Officer of The Charles Schwab Corporation.
Retirement Business Services becomes a part of Schwab Advisor Services™.
Schwab disrupts the industry and lowers the cost of investing.
We can help build the retirement plan approach that works best for you and your clients. If you'd like to learn more, contact us today.
Five retirement plan questions every advisor should ask.
How do you want to differentiate your retirement plan business? Consider the shape you want your involvement to take and then look at the many ways Schwab can help you fulfill your strategy.
We can help you navigate the fiduciary process and earn your Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation from fi360.5
Depending on the size and type of retirement solution you need, you can choose from our various offerings.
Your level of involvement will help you choose the best solution for both your and your clients' needs. Schwab offers a wide variety of solutions that can fit many business types.
Yes. We have experienced consultants who can help guide you with customized consulting and recordkeeping solutions. We help match you and your clients with the right plan solutions depending on your specific needs.
For more than 40 years, Schwab has been a leader in the financial industry and an advocate for the individual investor. The management team includes leaders in the recordkeeping industry with proven experience in the retirement business. In ways that others can't, we draw on our deep institutional knowledge of employee benefit plans from across our entire enterprise.
- 140 independent recordkeepers
- 1,500+ retirement plan advisors
- Over 25 years of experience in the retirement plan business
- Over 140,000 retirement accounts6
- More than 14,500 investment options7
- Retirement plan assets in excess of $212 billion6
Talk to us about your retirement plan business needs.
Talk to us about your retirement plan business needs.
Brokerage Products: Not FDIC-Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Investors should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
1. fi360® and fi360 Fiduciary Score are registered trademarks of fi360, Inc. fi360 and TRAU are not affiliated with Charles Schwab and its affiliates.
2. Independent recordkeepers are not owned by, affiliated with, or supervised by Schwab.
3. Trades in no-load mutual funds available through Schwab Mutual Fund OneSource® (including Schwab Funds®), as well as certain other funds, are available without transaction fees when placed through Schwab.com or our automated phone channels. Schwab reserves the right to change the funds we make available without transaction fees and to reinstate fees on any funds. Funds are also subject to management fees and expenses.
Schwab's short-term redemption fee will be charged on redemption of funds (except certain Schwab Funds) bought through Schwab's Mutual Fund OneSource program (and certain other funds) with no transaction fee and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to exempt certain funds from this fee, including Schwab Funds, which may charge a separate redemption fee, and funds that accommodate short-term trading.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction-fee-fund companies for certain administrative services.
4. Schwab Advisor Services serves independent investment advisors and includes the custody, trading and support services of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
5. fi360 is unaffiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation and its affiliates, including Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
6. The number of brokerage accounts and assets reported are for retirement plans brought to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. by independent recordkeepers and other parties. These numbers do not include the number of accounts held in Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Accounts® or retirement plans held at Charles Schwab Bank. All data as of January 2017.
7. Funds made available through Charles Schwab Bank and/or Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.